group Y, a collective of youth marketing and communications professionals in the action sports and entertainment industries, will hold a panel discussion on Wednesday, April 15th at Red Bull’s US headquarters in Santa Monica. Co-sponsored by FUEL TV, the panel line up includes industry leaders from Sole Technology, Blitz Distribution, Board Trac and ZJ’s Boarding House.
Over many years, the various action sports and their personalities have slowly gained more and more acceptance from mainstream media and public. With competitions, TV reality shows and a dedicated 24 hour cable network devoted to action sports, our once obscure sports have now grown a foothold as popular if not “traditional” sports.
group Y panelists will explore this development and discuss what it means to the action sports industry. Should or can smaller brands capitalize on what the larger brands have established? As a brand or a retailer, how can companies utilize this growth to help create sales? Or conversely, by the very occurrence of our sports now being considered the “norm” does that negate the edgy vibe and lifestyle that has helped these brands become what they are today?
Our panelists will discuss these issues alongside of their own personal and professional experiences of how they effectively marketed to capture this audience and what current and future challenges may be.
• Don Brown – Senior Vice President, Sole Technology (soletechnology.com)
• Per Welinder – President, Blitz Distribution and Chairman of the Board, IASC (blitzdistribution.com, skateboardiasc.org)
• Todd Roberts – Owner, ZJ Boarding House and Chairman, Board Retailers Association (zjboardinghouse.com, www.boardretailers.org)
• Moderator, Angelo Ponzi – Co-founder & Senior Marketing Executive, Board-Trac (board-trac.com)
Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and the panel will begin at 7:00 p.m. Admission at the door is $20, and pre-registrations are $15.
To pre-register, please visit www.groupYnetwork.com.
group Y invites all those involved in marketing & PR within the action sports, entertainment & communications industries to attend.
About FUEL TV
FUEL TV is the action sports lifestyle network for skateboarding, snowboarding, surfing, BMX, freestyle motocross, and wakeboarding. A unit of Fox Cable Networks, FUEL TV was launched July 1, 2003 and is seen in 26 million U.S. homes. To subscribe to FUEL TV, call 877-4-FUEL-TV. For program times and other information, visit www.fuel.tv.
About group Y – “Where Action Sports and Youth Marketing Come to Meet”
group Y is a collective of youth marketing & communications professionals with a focus on action sports and entertainment industries. Founded in 2006, the group is vehicle to bring people together and assist new relationships between others within our sphere of Action Sports and Entertainment. Panel discussions and speakers have included industry leaders from brands including Burton, Quiksilver, Billabong, MySpace, Verizon, (RED), Oakley, Roxy, Skullcandy, IMG and RVCA. For more information, please visit us at www.groupYnetwork.com
Tags: group y
Posted by Cameron on Monday, April 13th, 2009 in Press Releases.
- -Join Us at This Month’s Group Y Event
- -GROUP Y PRESENTS INDUSTRY PANEL DISCUSSION MAY 12th: Integrating Music and Brand Marketing
- -Branding in Action Sports: Keeping Brands Relevant In Rapidly Changing Environments
- -GROUP Y PRESENTS INDUSTRY PANEL DISCUSSION MARCH 25th
- -GROUP Y PRESENTS INDUSTRY PANEL DISCUSSION FEBRUARY 25th